Friday, September 14, 2012

Yay! We closed on our house, today! Then we painted a wall in each of the kids' rooms. We let them pick their own color and, well, below is what they picked. I DO like them. Just glad we only did ONE wall in each room. LOL!

When we first saw this color on the wall, it was pretty gross. You can't tell in this pic but, the latte color was darker than the aqua color going on the wall. But it's what Ethan wanted, so we kept going.

 Tony's showing how much he LOVES that color. Not! LOL
 You know he's hard at work when his lower jaw sticks out. LOL
 The light in the room was not doing this any justice. The paint dried darker and actually looked pretty good. The next photos are a 360º shot of the room.







 Finally, a decent shot of the paint! Ethan's really happy with it, so I'm happy that he's happy!

Next up is Gabi's room. I DO like the color but, like I said before, SO GLAD we only did ONE wall!

The paint looks like Pepto Bismol. LOL

 A VERY happy Gabi, painting her wall.

 Here are the 360º shots of the room.




This is drying pretty dark. I'm happy that Gabi's happy.

Both kids helped with painting their rooms and I know they will appreciate it, more. When I was around their age, my mom asked me what color I wanted my room. I said orange. I can't believe they painted my room orange! I think that's pretty cool to let your kids decide. My room was painted orange on all 4 walls, though. I told the kids that in the future, we might paint the rest of their walls. But for now, this is all they're getting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice going with the paint there. It sure does make your kids feel that they are responsible for their room, since they are the ones who have painted it. It will be good to cover up the window glasses with old newspaper when you paint to avoid having paint smudges that can be a big hassle. A clear window is always admirable. ; )

    - Lida Swisher

    ReplyDelete